Monday, July 5, 2010

wall street state of mind






















Wall Street State Of Mind, Mixed Media, 2010


Here is my submission for a sketchaholic challenge with the topic "The Wall Street Cyclops". Nate Wragg (lead Character Designer on Toy Story 3,"Ratatouille") picked the subject and will be interviewed on Wednesday.

Like lots of people I often think wall street acts like it needs one more eye in order to be a cyclops. Even so I tried to not make my piece too preachy while still addressing my thoughts about wall street/ US economy as well as a bit of commentary on the housing crisis (that's the wall street brass bull/ piggy bank eating that families house). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and think I may make it into a print with a limited run.

So who do I call to make this the Wall Street Mascot?

Hear your post related song after the jump.



Was looking everywhere (youtube) for "The Cyclops" by Qwel and Meaty Ogre, but could only find the instrumental. Instead here is Brother Ali's "Uncle Sam Goddamn" which I think is still relevant.



1 comment: